OFFICIAL TORTUGA ADA GUIDE
Tortuga is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The paved venue boardwalk is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. While the event is held on a sandy beach, there will be accessible beach decking pathways connected throughout the venue including the beach, entrances/exits, stages, viewing areas, restrooms, vendors, and other activities. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Accessibility Services kiosk. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit. We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
While there is no designated festival parking, there will be ADA parking spots available throughout all general parking garages and lots near the festival area. ADA parking is available in these lots on a first come, first serve basis. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to park in these lots. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
The rideshare, loading and unloading location is .3 miles south of the main & ADA entrances at the corner of Harbor Drive & Seabreeze Blvd. The traverse to the entrance is on cement.
There will be an ADA entrance located to the right of the main entrance, which will be labeled with signage. Disabled guests may use this entrance to safely enter the venue. After using the ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services kiosk immediately after so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
Please note that the ADA entrance continues on hard ground and does not lead into the sand. The main entrance lines do disperse directly into the sand. If you cannot traverse through the sand, be sure that you’re entering through the ADA entrance.
VIP, SVIP and Cabana pass holders may also enter through the VIP entrance, as that entrance is accessible and disperses along the paved venue boardwalk.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES KIOSK
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential.
There will be an Accessibility Services kiosk conveniently located next to the main info booth. After entering through the ADA entrance, head straight along the boardwalk. The ADA Services kiosk will be located just past the Next from Nashville stage on the left hand side of the walkway. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services kiosk to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be accessible viewing areas with chairs made available to ADA patrons at designated stages who may need to see above the crowd . To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility Services kiosk.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons are asked to not save spots
Please remember, space and chairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that you arrive at your desired performance at least thirty (30) minutes before it starts.
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- You must check-in your service animal at the Accessibility Services kiosk
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
We accept requests for any of the following services:
- ASL interpretation for any performance
- Closed Captioning
- Braille/Large Font Print
- Guided Tours
- Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be emailed to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. To submit a request, please email us at email@example.com.
- ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with an event staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event map. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Accessible Facilities: There will be accessible restrooms, water stations and other facilities made available throughout the festival grounds. If you need assistance locating these facilities, please visit us at the Accessibility Services kiosk when you arrive to the festival
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Tortuga will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at Tortuga!