Rock the Ocean
How We Rock the Ocean at Tortuga
You may have noticed that TORTUGA ‘s full name is Rock The Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival. Why is that? Well, it’s because Tortuga was born with the vision of helping to save our world’s oceans! The Tortuga Music Festival was created to generate awareness and raise funds for ocean conservation. The Rock The Ocean Foundation is the non-profit 501 (c)3 that was built by Tortuga fans!
Every year, a portion of the proceeds from Tortuga is donated to the Rock The Ocean Foundation. In fact, Tortuga (and our fans) has already donated over $1,000,000 to ocean conservation! And that is just the beginning.
Each year at Tortuga, Rock The Ocean Foundation curates a distinguished list of more than 30 worldwide thought leaders in Ocean Conservation to create our annual roster of Conservation Village partners. These groups are hand selected to participate on site at Tortuga because they are leaders in their field of expertise. Local Groups like Sea Turtle Oversight Protection (STOP) to international groups like Oceana, Surfrider and Sharks4Kids. The groups are divided into 5 tents, each representing one of Rock The Ocean’s 5 Core Issues: Overfishing, Shark Conservation, Coral Reef Degradation, Marine Pollution and Turtle Conservation. Our 2018 Conservation Village partner roster will be announced soon!
On Site at Tortuga
What’s there to do in Conservation Village? Meet and speak with over 35 of the top ocean conservation groups in the world, learn valuable and practical ways that YOU can make a difference in saving our oceans, PLUS, you can win cool prizes. For example, how would you like a backstage Meet & Greet with the festival’s headliners? Or, win a custom designed Rock The Ocean guitar autographed by all of the Tortuga performers!
Ocean conservation is woven into the fabric of Rock The Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival. We make great efforts to make our event eco & ocean-friendly!
Ways we’re making a difference:
- Water refill stations are located throughout the festival to promote the use of reusable bottles
- Clean Vibes, a company dedicated to responsible waste-management, handles our waste to ensure recycling and composting is a priority. In fact, last year 68% of all festival waste was diverted from the landfill!
- Throughout the festival, you’ll find conservation awareness signage and campaigns educating fans on sustainable practices.
- Between acts, we feature on-screen PSA’s educating fans about our Conservation Village partners and their missions.
- Each on vendor on site is required to adhere to our vendor sustainability agreement
- Get Involved
Rock the Ocean Apparel
While visiting Rock The Ocean Headquarters in Conservation Village you can also check out our exclusive Rock The Ocean apparel. When you wear RTO gear you are flying your flag for Ocean Conservation because 100% of the proceeds from our sales during the festival are donated to our Conservation Village partners. CLICK HERE to check out our Rock The Ocean Apparel.